Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 9

     Two days ago Mukesh led some of us on a tour of the temple---it was amazing to see the architecture and colors that still exist from over 1000 years ago.
       Yesterday's lecture was focused on India's healthcare system.  Exploring the differences between their flawless plan for universal care and its implementation was very interesting.  During the afternoon we went on field visits in which we got to see a sub-clinic, a primary health center, and a ICTPH health facility.  Walking through the communities, talking to the people, and being privileged to see their everyday life helped narrow down potential interventions we will propose (my group is focusing on CVD).   Afterward, we came back and went to the center of town and tried to orchestrate a group weekend trip--trying to figure out transportation when you do not speak the language can be difficult.  Afterward we returned back to the guest house and had our typical dinner, rice, rhoti, and veggies.   Once the guest house dinner was over, a few of us--especially Shawn and me--went to the hotel for chicken.... I miss my protein.  When I got back, Mukesh and I did a little work on the computer.  
    This morning I got up at 6 to exercise and am about to go to class!  More to come!

1 comment:

  1. You keep using acronyms without explaining them! :-P What are ICTPH and CVD?

    ReplyDelete